Today I have another women’s upper body workout to share with you. I know I just shared this flat bench chest workout but this one is a little more involved. It uses more equipment and there are several exercises in this one that target the entire upper body instead of just the chest. It works the chest, shoulders, triceps and biceps. The back muscles will be working too but there aren’t any exercises in this workout that target the back specifically.
- adjustable weight bench
- olympic barbell
If you’re looking for an upper body/lower body split this is a great one to consider. Right now I do upper body twice a week and lower body twice a week. I try to complete 12-15 reps for each exercise. If you can’t do at least 12 reps, decrease the weight and if you can easily do 15 reps, it may be time to increase the weight.
Example of Upper Body Workout
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 12 repetitions (reps) (45#)
- Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps (5#)
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 15 reps (45#)
- Overhead Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 15 reps (5#)
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps (5#)
- Lying Tricep Extensions: 2 sets of 15 reps (5#), 1 set of 12 reps (10#)
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 15 reps (20#)
Looking at this workout I can see that I could try to increase the weight for some of the exercises for my next upper body workout and probably add in some back exercises. This is why it’s so important to track the amount of weight used and the exercises you do every time you lift.