If you read my recent post “Women’s Upper Body Workout”, this is basically the next installment. This is a lower body workout you can try if you’re interested in an upper body/lower body split.
Lower Body Workout
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps (45#)
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps (35#)
- Leg Curls: 3 sets x 12 reps (35#)
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps (25#)
- Leg Raises: 2 sets of 20 reps
*Note: you don’t have to use a seated calf raise machine. You can just set dumbbells or weight plates on your knees while seated and perform calf raises this way.
*Remember to give your muscles at least 24 hours of rest prior to working them again. Muscles need time to recover in order for them to heal and grow. (You could easily do upper body one day, rest the following day, then do lower body, then have a rest day, then back to upper body…etc.)
I hope you enjoy this lower body workout!