Most of you know by now that I ran the Turkey Day 5K on the morning of Thanksgiving. What a fun race that was! To prepare I made up a new playlist and it really helped me through. I was actually able to run the whole time which I was REALLY proud of. (I am not a runner)
I know some of you (or maybe many of you…) will be like “what the ..???” when you see the songs I chose. Haha! It’s a pretty wide selection but it worked for me and that’s all that matters! So go ahead…laugh all you want. THEN…feel free to share the song you’re most embarrassed to have on your playlist. ;)
Turkey Day 5K Playlist
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Girlfriend – Avril Lavigne
- Demon Speeding – Rob Zombie
- Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) – Journey
- Sick – Adelitas Way
- Sexy and I Know It – LMFAO
- Goofy Goober Rock – Spongebob’s Greatest Hits (see sidenote below!)
- This is Gonna Hurt – Sixx: A.M.
- Don’t Let Me Get Me – Pink
- ‘Till I Collapse – Eminem
- American Witch – Rob Zombie
*Sidenote: I set up the initial order (above) for a reason and I should’ve left it that way. I accidentally hit shuffle when I started and figured “oh well, let’s just go with it!” Not a good idea. I included Goofy Goober in the middle of the playlist because I knew it’d make me laugh (and I could use that in the middle of a race!) but I did NOT expect it to come on at the end of the race when I was trudging uphill. That’s what ‘Till I Collapse’ was for. Needless to say there were a few nasty words running through my head at that time!