Before I get into today’s “H” post, I just wanted to document the workout I did after work. I think I might start documenting workouts again. I’m not sure if I’ll do it weekly or whenever I workout but I’ll figure something out!
Today was chest, tris and calves so I did a few bench press exercises, a couple tricep moves and heavy calf raises. I also added in some push-ups because I love being able to do them. They make me feel strong. I stayed in the 3 sets of 10 reps range for the strength exercises today.
After lifting I did some hill climbing cardio on the treadmill for 20 minutes. The whole workout took about 45 minutes so not too shabby!
I’ve been sticking to 4 lifting workouts each week and starting this week I want to start doing more cardio. I hate it but it does a body good!
Now on to my H post for the 2018 A to Z Challenge!
Today I wanted to focus on the things that make me happy. Sometimes when I’m feeling really down it’s hard to think about happy things. Making this list was pretty fun and it made me realize that there are all kinds of things that make me happy!
I encourage you to make your own list and keep it to remind you that there are things in your life that make you feel happy. :)
52 Things That Make Me Happy
- my husband
- my kids
- my bullldogs
- true crime podcasts (is that weird?!)
- watching Dateline
- making home improvements
- supportive people
- nail polish
- great smelling body scrubs
- my Jeep
- loud music
- playing Candy Crush (seriously…haha)
- reading inspirational memoirs
- watching my kids participate in sports they love
- Vanderpump rules
- looking at Human Unlimited t-shirt designs
- the Minnesota Vikings
- spring, summer and fall
- audiobooks (You Are a Badass is my favorite for sure)
- cool colors
- Target (not gonna lie)
- Christmas lights
- paying off debt
- having a 2-year degree
- cold cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cinnamon Life, Reese’s Puffs, Cocoa Pebbles…)
- the ocean
- face masks
- Chris D’Elia (LOVE this man – he makes me laugh until my face hurts)
- fun memories
- handwritten notes
- candles (especially lilac, orchid and vanilla scents)
- my journals
- Britney Spears’ Instagram account
- fitness leggings
- freshly washed bedding
- vodka + Red Bull
- new socks
- cheese (but not too much..)
- Ellen Degeneres
These are the journals I have:
Now it’s your turn!
Q. What are 3 things that make you happy?