Do you have a hard time guzzling down protein shakes? I know I do. Today I’m sharing a strawberry banana protein shake that’s sweet, fruity and packed with protein.
Strawberry banana is one of my very favorite flavor combinations and they’re perfect together in smoothies! When it comes to protein shakes I tend to prefer fruity over chocolate. I have a hard time drinking “rich” flavored protein drinks – especially right after a good workout. I just tried a new protein shake recipe and I wanted to share it with you because it tastes so good!
Before making this recipe on my own I used to rely on Muscle Milk Ready-to-Drink protein shakes for post workout. They quickly got expensive but they’re still awesome awesome in a pinch.
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie:
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 banana – I use a little bit less because it kills my stomach if I eat too much. Sad, but true. I love bananas!
- 1-2 scoops of any unflavored protein powder (it’s virtually tasteless-especially in this smoothie!)
- Ice cubes – amount varies depending on the consistency that you like.
*Smoothies are so easy to manipulate to your taste preferences. If you like a thicker shake, use less liquid and more frozen fruit and/or ice. If you like a thinner consistency, use more liquid and less (or no) ice.
*Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. I use and recommend this one. My shakes always blend smooth as butter in about 30 seconds. Drink and enjoy!
One more thing…
Strawberry Banana High Protein Yogurt Snack
I recently discovered a new way to enjoy a high-protein strawberry banana post-workout snack — or any time snack! I can’t remember where I read the idea, but somewhere somebody suggested adding a scoop of strawberry banana protein powder to vanilla greek yogurt. OMG. It’s so good! How did I not think of that?! When I get sick of drinking shakes, I like to mix it up with this yummy treat.
Here’s what I do:
- Scoop some vanilla greek yogurt into a bowl. I get ours from Aldi.
- Add 3/4 to 1 full scoop of strawberry banana protein powder. Optimum Nutrition Whey mixes together really nicely! (We get ours at Amazon on Subscribe and Save so we never pay full price. And they have so many flavors you could try with this.)
- Add a small handful of frozen blueberries.
- Sprinkle some Nature Valley Protein Granola on top (or any granola you like).
It’s so good!! My kids love it too. :)