There are 3 months left of 2014! What the?? I just realized that there are less than 3 months left of 2014. For me, this means its time to focus and get down to business before holiday mayhem is here!
It’s goal time.
Here are my October goals:
I’ve broken up my goals into categories – each with just a couple of goals. It kind of looks like a lot but it’s mostly things I always try to do anyway.
- Finish Insanity. I start month 2 tomorrow and I’m scared! First up is my third Fit Test followed by a new workout. I’ll be posting a month 1 review here pretty soon.
- HIIT 2X Week. Simple is best for me. It’s what I stick with. I like mixing it up with circuits sometimes but I’m comfortable on the treadmill. Not the most exciting, but always there for me. Jump on. Run. Jump off. Lets do this.
- Read 2 Books (one leisure, one personal development). I’ve chosen ‘Wild’ by Cheryl Strayed and ‘Push’ by Chalene Johnson. I love reading books and then seeing the movie. Can’t wait for Gone Girl to hit theaters!
- Keep up with Flylady Routines. I don’t know if you’re familiar with Flylady but she keeps me focused on keeping my house clean. It’s tough to keep up with 4 kids and 3 dogs! She has a wonderful system that has simplified things and it has been so helpful. It prevents a world of overwhelmation for me (and the fam). :) If/when we ever move again I want a teeny, tiny house.
- Saturday Game and Movie Nights. We try to have movie nights pretty regularly but things get crazy at times. I’m working on this.
- Read with/to the Kids 4 days per Week. Our kids have reading calendars from school that they’re required to fill out each month. I love listening to them read and sharing stories with them. I’m hopeful they will grow up loving to read.
- Meal Prep Mondays. I used to try to do this on Sundays but Sundays are a really busy day for us. We typically do all our shopping on this day so I just wait until Monday to do the prep work since there’s a lot less going on during the day.
- Try 5 New Healthy Recipes. These will no doubt be gluten-free recipes so watch for them if you follow a similar eating plan. I just pre-ordered Mediterranean Paleo Cooking by Diane Sanfilippo (author of Practical Paleo which I LOVE) and can’t wait to get it!
- Plan November’s Dinner Meals. No I’m not trying to get ahead of myself, believe me! It’s just that November and December get to be pretty hectic months because of the holidays so I’m planning a preemptive strike. Take THAT holiday food goodness everywhere. I’ll still plan on enjoying plenty of food at holiday festivities but I want to be sure home dinners are kept on the healthy side. Why? It legitimately fills bellies (with a feeling of satisfaction) and keeps everyone energized and feeling good. Having a blended family makes for very busy holidays and very tired kids and parents. ;) I’m thinking about trying the 24 Crockpot Meals in 3 Hours for $250 plan that I found over at Sidetracked Sarah.
I’m also hosting a giveaway this month!
One lucky winner will receive a 21 Day Fix program kit!
21 Day Fix is an amazing home workout program that has the simplest meal plan I’ve ever seen. As soon as I finish Insanity, I’ll be doing another round of 21 Day Fix – beginning in November! This workout program is just 21 days long and has you doing a variety of workouts each week that include strength training, cardio, plyometrics, yoga and pilates. Your kit will include the workouts, the meal plans, the bright colored containers and a shaker cup!
How to win:
- You will receive ONE entry for any purchase made during the month of October at TeamBeachbody.com (as long as I am your free coach).
- You will receive TWO entries for any purchase made during the month of October at TeamBeachbody.com of a Challenge Pack or Shakeology on HD (as long as I am your free coach).
*If you are a current Shakeology HD customer of mine you will get ONE entry as soon as I’m notified of this month’s shipment in my back office – no additional purchase necessary for entry.
*Not a customer of mine? You can sign up for your FREE account here.
I hope you’re having a great Thursday! I am, it’s football night! GO VIKES!!