Welcome to November! I hope it’s been going pretty well so far. It definitely is here. We’re being spoiled with temps in the 60’s this week! That’s not typical of Minnesota Novembers so I’ll take it. :)
Now on to the monthly post I like to do where I round up my monthly goals and share them here for accountability.
Quick Recap of October
Fitness: I pretty much stuck with my fitness goal of working out at least 3 days per week. I didn’t blog recaps like I had planned but this week I have started posting my workout schedule and I plan to keep doing that on Mondays to get me focused for the week.
Financial: I did very well on my spending diet! Also, last week Roger got the call back from his previous employer to come back and work for them so I’m beyond grateful. He’ll be getting his annual raise right away and we’re going to make the most of the extra money to pay off debt. I did do a little Christmas shopping but I’ve budgeted that (for the first time ever) and that’s exciting. I will not go overboard this year!
Blogging: I met all of my blogging goals! I started and finished a weekly vegetarian meal plan series and I’ve been continuing to use CoSchedule to help plan future posts. CoSchedule has been a lifesaver. I love, love, love it.
Personal: These were mostly successful to besides finishing up the living room. I did get the walls put back together but I still need to paint the trim around the front door. I also got a new library card after not having one for like 20 years. Sweet!
It feels like I’m finally starting to get back into the swing of things when it comes to workouts and eating well. I’ve been struggling for almost two years but it’s slowly been getting better.
- Blog workout schedule. I plan to post workout schedules on Monday and follow up on the same blog post to mark the workouts as complete!
- Work on flexibility. I wanna be more like a rubberband and less like a brittle piece of hair. I don’t know if that makes sense at all but I must work on my flexiblity.
- Work on core strength. I’ve been having a lot of lower back pain (not too terrible) and I know it’s because it’s gotten so weak. The good news is the workout routine I’m doing now should help with that.
My financial goals for November continue to have everything to do with getting out of debt. Like I stated earlier, Roger has his job back now which is a huge blessing. I’m so thankful. His schedule stinks for now but hopefully that’s short term. I’m happy he has some place to work where he’s paid what he’s worth, gets benefits and has work to do.
Our overall debt total is down again from last month and I will continue to put all extra debt payments straight to credit cards!
Potential minor setback: Christmas, lol. Although I have made a Christmas budget. I love giving gifts but I’m trying to be smarter about it this year and not spend so much money. Our kids really don’t need anything. Kids in blended families get so much stuff!
November financial goals:
- Continue putting $10 a week towards my IRA account. This is an automatic transfer. After credit cards are paid off, this will obviously increase. I just want to get into the habit of contributing to it and watching it grow. Slowly.
- Schedule all November bills.
- Think of side hustle ideas. I’m thinking of offering more items in my Etsy shop but I’d like to brainstorm a little more to see what I can come up with. Time management is a little thing I need to work on for this to be successful. Seems like it might be time to Eat That Frog again. <—need to work on this again this month
- Spend $400 or less on groceries to feed our family of six. This is pretty tough most of the time but Aldi helps me stay pretty close. It’s those Target trips that always get me!
As I’ve mentioned previously I’ve had a lot of hiccups trying different blog hosts this year but I’ve chosen to settle in with Bluehost for the long haul. Their customer service has been amazing and I definitely feel like you get the most bang for your buck compared to similar hosting plans.
November blogging goals:
- Continue using CoSchedule to help me plan my editorial calendar and social media posts. This is such an invaluable tool for bloggers. If you haven’t taken advantage of the free trial, you need to!
- Brainstorm blog post ideas for December and January and plug them in to CoSchedule.
- Be more active on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (mindifriedland). I’d love for you to connect with me and I’ll definitely follow back!
- Share all new blog posts on Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus.
In addition to my fitness, financial and blogging goals, I also have some personal goals to work on this month.
- Complete a 30 day minimalist challenge. More on that soon!
- Read one book. I’m thinking of reading “Eat That Frog“ since I didn’t get to it last month. If you’re interested in other ideas, check out this round-up: 8 Books to Snuggle Up With This Fall.
- Spend 10-15 minutes every night planning for the next day in my Erin Condren Life Planner (to-do list, appointments, goals, etc.)
- Finish up the living room. Paint the trim around the front door and inside the bay window in the living room.
- Get the house ready for Christmas! Nothing else needs to be said here. Haha!
Time to get busy!