Although most of us know that losing weight is supposed to be rather slow and gradual, once in a awhile there comes a time when we’d like to lose weight in a week – as in, as much as we can possibly lose in 7 days. Whether it’s 2 pounds or 10 pounds there are plenty of ways you can lose weight quickly.
Losing weight quickly is on the minds of many people but the truth is that weight loss isn’t something that happens overnight. However, if you have a wedding coming up soon or another important event that you’d like to lose a few pounds for then it’s okay to make some drastic changes for the short term. Just keep in mind that you can’t expect to continue losing 5 to 10 pounds per week until you meet your goal.
How to Lose Weight in a Week
- Always drink water. Water keeps our bodies hydrated and running smoothly. If you stick to water for an entire week and drink nothing else, chances are you will lose weight. Coffee drinks, sodas and juices all have plenty of calories so if you’re used to consuming those types of drinks on a daily basis you will see a huge difference if you just switch to water for 7 days.
- Avoid Simple Carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates include foods made with white breads and pastas. Simple carbs are digested very quickly and will leave you feeling hungry again fairly soon after eating. Complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat breads and pastas are digested much more slowly. To really help yourself lose weight in a week consider dropping breads and pastas for the entire 7 days. Instead, reach for fresh vegetables. You can eat a lot more of them and most are rich in fiber as well.
- Perform Cardio Activity 30 Minutes Each Day. With high intensity cardio workouts, you can burn up to 200-300 calories or more in just 30 minutes. Consider exercises like high-intensity interval training, spinning, kickboxing or dancing.
- Strength-Train Every Other Day. Strength training is a must for anybody who wants to learn how to lose weight in a week. Strength training is important because it helps you build muscle mass. The more muscle you have the more efficient your body is at burning fat.
- Use a Weight Loss Calculator. I have one here on this blog that you can use and it can help you plan your weight loss by telling you exactly how many calories you need to eat/burn in order to meet your weight loss goal.
- Try to Get 7 to 8 Hours of Restful Sleep. Sleep is important because it’s the time when our bodies rest and rebuild. The more restful you are in the morning, the better choices you are likely to make at meal times. You’ll feel happier too. If you’re doing cardio every day and strength training every other day you’ll probably find it pretty easy to get some restful sleep.
- Have Sex. One of the quick ways to lose weight in a week is by having sex every night. The act of sex burns around 100-150 calories depending on how long you “go at it”. The longer the better, but sometimes guys cannot accommodate a lengthy period of time. Ha! Some sex is better than no sex at all though.
- Consider Caffeine Pre-Workout. About 45 minutes before your workout, try popping a caffeine pill or drinking a coffee. Caffeine will get your metabolism humming along and you’ll burn more calories during your workout. My favorite pre-workout supplement these days is USPlabs Jack3d.
- Cut the Crap. The fastest way to lose weight in a week is probably by cutting out the crap food from your diet. This includes chips, candies, chocolate, doughnuts, Little Debbie snacks and the like. You’d be surprised by how much weight you can lose by cutting out the bad stuff for 7 days straight.
- Stay Motivated. If at any time you become discouraged and you don’t feel like working out and you desperately want to reach for a scoop of spaghetti remember what you wanted to lose weight in a week for in the first place. You really only have to follow each of these steps for 7 days. You can cut yourself some slack after that time if you choose to.
The best way to lose weight in a week is to follow each of these tips. If you do, I promise that you will be able to lose at least a few pounds within the next 7 days.
Latest posts by Mindi (see all)
- How to Journal for Therapy + Effective Strategies You Can Start Right Now - March 20, 2019
- How to Start Weight Training for Females – at Home - March 18, 2019
- 20-Minute Treadmill Arms Workout - February 12, 2019