I’ll admit, when I first heard about 80 Day Obsession I was not super excited. I’m not obsessed when it comes to anything about working out. Ha! It’s always been a struggle but I try my best because as the title of this blog says… lifting does make me happy.
My anxiety has been pretty high since December. I’ve been experiencing racing thoughts, rapid heart rate, sleeplessness and I just keep worrying. I mean it’s felt like 9/10 if I put it to scale. I think a lot of it has to do with the holidays and my work situation. Roger’s been asking if he could buy 80 Day Obsession for me as a Christmas gift and I think focusing on a new, challenging program might be just what I need. It’s been quite a while since I started and finished a workout program.
For those who’ve been here before I DO plan on finishing the BBX challenge – probably after 80 Day Obsession. After my box jumps mishap I’ve been a little skittish and my shin is still actually bruised! You can’t see the bruise and I can only feel it when pressure is put on that spot but it’s still a little tender. I’m taking a BBX break for now but I’ll be back.
With all that said… I’ve been starting to prep for 80 Day Obsession and I wanted to share how I’m doing that to make it easy peasy for anyone else who’s thinking about giving it a whirl!
4 Things to Know About 80 Day Obsession
- 80 Day Obsession is exclusively available on Beachbody On Demand. There are NO DVD’s! This is because there are 80 different workouts. The set number and rep ranges change, which I’m really excited about! This is a Beachbody program first for sure.
- Workouts are anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes each. Most are 45 to 60 minutes.
- 6 workouts each week and 1 rest/self-care day.
- It will challenge your body and your mind so be ready to fight!
80 Day Obsession Equipment Needed
- Dumbbells (light, medium and heavy). I’ve had these Bowflex adjustable ones for a few years now and love ’em.
- Fitness resistance loops
- Strength slides (I still have mine from the PiYo program)
- Foam roller
- Yoga mat or similar (optional)
The resistance loops above are NOT the ones from Beachbody. They don’t have those sold as a standalone item until around February 1st. Why? I don’t know. I don’t need the bundle that they offered prior to 80 Day Obsession was released so I opted to get bands on Amazon.
The ones I linked to above are the ones I purchased and they’re great! Obviously I don’t know how they compare to the Beachbody loops but they seem to do the job just fine. As of now I’m on Day 3 and I’ve been toggling between the Medium and Heavy depending on the exercise.
Short on cash? Use what you have! It’s easier to follow along if you have the equipment but it’s not absolutely necessary. Ultimately you just need to make it work for you.
How to Prep for 80 Day Obsession Workouts
- Print and read the 80 Day Obsession Starter Guide. You’ll find this in Beachbody On Demand under Program Materials. This gives you a nice overview of the program and includes a measurements track sheet, meal plan information and more.
- Calculate your calorie target.
- Determine your eating plan (there are vegan meal plans too).
- Watch “Quick Start Tips” and “Eating Plan Tips”
- Print out your workout tracker sheets.
You must log into BOD to get these! Just click on 80 Day Obsession and then “Program Materials” and you’ll find everything you need.
- Watch “Weekly Obsession: Week 1”
- Take your before photos AND measurements on day 1!
- Start your workouts!
I’ll be sharing my experience with this workout as I go along so stay tuned!