Halloween is just one week away already! You know what that means, right? Candy, treats and desserts just about everywhere. Here are a few great links that provide healthy Halloween tips including recipes, safety precautions, party ideas and more!
- Healthy Halloween Advice for Children With Diabetes. In this article experts discuss tips on how to keep your child’s blood sugar under control without them feeling deprived of Halloween sweets.
- Trick or Treat Safety Tips. A comprehensive list of saftey tips including everything from carving pumpkins and choosing costumes to being safe on the trick-or-treat trail.
- Halloween Doesn’t Have to Be a Fright for Your Waistline. Learn about healthy alternatives for your trick-or-treaters or Halloween party.
- Create a Green Halloween. If you’re into going green, this site shares tips for parents and children. PLUS, learn how to throw a Green Halloween party, conserve energy and choosing “green” costumes.
- Tricks to Limit Children’s Halloween Candy Intake. It is possible to limit your child’s candy intake before, during and after Halloween.
- Prevent Halloween from Being a Spook to Your Pooch. Halloween has to be a terrible time for dogs. With all the doorbell ringing and knocking on the doors, they’re bound to get anxious and probably a bit spooked. Here are some great tips to help your dog through the night.
- Halloween Candy Deconstructed. Learn what’s really in Candy Corn and Tootsie Rolls. Provides a complete breakdown of the ingredients and a description of each.
- Trick or Treat: A Dentist’s Take on Halloween Candy. The worst candy for your teeth and tips to reduce candy intake. “In 2010, Americans consumed 24.7 pounds of candy per capita, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.”
- Halloween Candy with the Fewest Calories? Test your knowledge and see if you can guess which popular candy has fewer calories!