Good morning and Happy Friday! Two posts in two days? Yep! Because books.
I love to read. The hardest part is making time to read. Our spring has been so busy with track, soccer, concerts and end-of-school-year stuff that it’s been hard to get much of anything done lately.
As a gift to myself I subscribed to Book of the Month Club yesterday and it’s my very first pick! I’m not sure how great picks usually are but I had a tough time narrowing it down this month.
I took advantage of the $10/month deal for 3 months while getting Into the Water by Paula Hawkins free. Into the Water is getting very mixed reviews so it looks like I’ll either love it or hate it. Let’s hope I like it!
Before I get into my selections…
About Book of the Month Club
Book of the Month Club is a service that delivers books to your door each month. You simply choose your membership level, make your pick(s) for the month based on judges’ selections and it ships to you free!
How it works:
- One book is included each month with membership
- New selections are available on the first of the month and you have 5 days to choose (if you don’t choose or cancel membership, one will be chosen for you)
- You can order up to two additional picks for $9.99 each and they’ll ship free with your membership order
- Books are new release, hardcover
- You can skip months if no selections appeal to you
- Membership ranges from $10/month to $15/month depending on what you choose
- Membership renews automatically using your credit/debit card on file unless you contact them directly to cancel
Please visit the FAQ section of their website for more information.
My June Picks
It was so tough to choose from the selections this month!
Here’s my box:
- The Sister’s Chase – My June selection (Two sisters who are left homeless by their mother’s death and the lengths the fierce older sister will go to protect her beloved young charge)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – First extra selection (Fun, gossipy, beach read)
- White Fur – Second extra selection (A stunning star-crossed love story set against the glitz and grit of 1980s New York City)
- Into the Water – free with my membership (A single mother turns up dead at the bottom of the river that runs through town. Beware a calm surface – you never know what lies beneath)
Yep, total of 4 brand new books coming my way! These will definitely keep me busy this summer. The variety should help keep things interesting. Now I can finish up my list of 2017 reads!