My kids start school in just over a month. That’s nuts!
It’s time for my monthly post where I talk about my little old goals. I’ve also included this month’s Book of the Month Club selection. I’ve been a member for 3 months now and I’ve been enjoying the selections. Many are ones I probably wouldn’t have considered and others are ones I’ve been looking forward to! I have a paid membership.
Book of the Month Club is a service that delivers books to your door each month. You simply choose your membership level, make your pick(s) for the month based on judges’ selections and it ships to you free!
How it works:
- One book is included each month with membership
- New selections are available on the first of the month and you have 5 days to choose (if you don’t choose or cancel membership, one will be chosen for you)
- You can order up to two additional picks for $9.99 each and they’ll ship free with your membership order
- Books are new release, hardcover (many you’ll receive before they’re released!)
- You can skip months if no selections appeal to you
- Membership ranges from $10/month to $15/month depending on what you choose
- Membership renews automatically using your credit/debit card on file unless you contact them directly to cancel
Please visit the FAQ section of their website for more information.
Book of the Month: August Selection
This month I just chose one book and it’s Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert. There were a few great picks to choose from this month but this one caught my eye – both the cover and the synopsis.
When Suzette comes home to Los Angeles from her boarding school in New England, she isn’t sure if she’ll ever want to go back. L.A. is where her friends and family are (along with her crush, Emil). And her stepbrother, Lionel, who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, needs her emotional support.But as she settles into her old life, Suzette finds herself falling for someone new…the same girl her brother is in love with. When Lionel’s disorder spirals out of control, Suzette is forced to confront her past mistakes and find a way to help her brother before he hurts himself–or worse.
It’s a new month so it’s time to think about goals. I’m keeping August simple because this is gonna be a crazy month. Kids are traveling everywhere, planning a Valleyfair trip and getting ready for back-to-school. Already. This is the last month I’ll be able to work full time so I’m taking full advantage of that as well. I look forward to having more blogging time once school is back in session and things settle down a bit.
Continue Christmas Abbott’s 90 Day BBX Challenge.
I am loving this workout! I plan to do a full blog post on it very soon as I’m now in the middle of week 3. There are 5 days of workouts per week with two rest and recovery days. The meal plan has been a challenge in itself for me to figure out so I’m just following IIFYM and I got my numbers from the IIFYM calculator. You can read more about the BBX Challenge on her website.
What I’m loving about BBX:
- 20-30 minute high-intensity workouts (most days)
- Flexible eating plan
- Circuit style workouts
- The support group
Continue the Ever After 2017 virtual art class.
“Ever After” is a mixed media art & style development course with a fairytale theme hosted by Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts.
I’m way behind on this. I’m a newbie when it comes to being artistic with color and drawings and not words. There’s a new project to do every week but I’m only on the second.
Here’s my very first lesson:
“Goldilocks and the Three Compassionate Bears”
I was feeling on cloud 9 while I was drawing it – I loved it! About had a heart attack and anxiety attack trying to figure out how to color it, haha! Tamara is an amazing teacher. I’m so glad I did this for myself. You can learn more about this course and other ones on Tamara’s website.
I hope I’ll have a couple more to share with you soon!
Enjoy the dwindling days of summer. :)
Latest posts by Mindi (see all)
- How to Journal for Therapy + Effective Strategies You Can Start Right Now - March 20, 2019
- How to Start Weight Training for Females – at Home - March 18, 2019
- 20-Minute Treadmill Arms Workout - February 12, 2019