I usually get distracted by football on Sundays but since the playoffs started later I had some time to work on my work lunch meal prep.
I attempted a vegetarian lifestyle and created a few meal plans a couple months back but now I’m back to eating turkey, tuna and chicken. Turns out I have a really hard time getting enough protein in without them. That is something I plan to work on.
Work Lunch Meal Prep
The longest part of this entire meal prep was waiting for the green beans to cook on the stove. I used frozen turkey meatballs from Aldi (already cooked), I cut up one bell pepper and dropped a dollop of hummus and then drizzled some bbq sauce on the meatballs and I was good to go.
Total prep time: 20 minutes (including the time for the beans to cook)
Total cost breakdown:
- Fresh green beans: $1.39
- Sweet bell pepper: $0.66
- Hummus: $1.79 (for the entire container, only used about 4 T.)
- Turkey meatballs: $3.99 (for the whole bag, used less than half of them)
- Kiwi: $1.24 (about $0.31 each)
Total cost: $9.07 (or $2.27 per meal)
Each prepped work lunch includes:
- Turkey meatballs with homemade BBQ sauce
- Fresh green beans
- Sweet bell peppers + spicy hummus
The rest of my meals for the week:
Breakfast: Gluten free oatmeal + blueberries + dollop of vanilla ice cream (YUM!)
I work with one of my grandpas and he introduced me to adding a little ice cream to oatmeal. Being somebody who doesn’t enjoy the texture of oatmeal, I love how creamy a little ice cream makes it!
Snacks: Almonds + Applesauce
Post workout: Protein shake or chocolate milk
Dinner: Salad + veggies (with either chicken thigh or spaghetti)
I find that meal prepping and planning helps me stick to my goals and it really doesn’t need to take a lot of time to make sure my meals are healthy.
Want to read more about meal plans or prep?
I hope you have a great week!
Latest posts by Mindi (see all)
- 6 Things to Remember When You Start a New Workout - March 22, 2017
- Weekly Home Workout Recap #1 - March 20, 2017
- How to Prevent Emotional Triggers From Sending You into Depression - March 15, 2017