Welcome to February! I love February because that means we’re getting closer to spring and it can’t get here soon enough! All these cloudy, snowy, drizzly days are getting old. Bring on more sunshine please!
Now on to the monthly post I like to do where I round up my monthly goals and share them here for accountability.
It’s time for new goals, y’all.
I’ve definitely been doing really well with my workouts lately. It feels like I’m finally back and I can tell I’m getting stronger and my clothes are starting to fit better. I’ll take it!
My fitness goals for February:
- Continue Hammer and Chisel. I’m nearing the halfway point with this program and I’m really giving it my all this time. I’m using 20# dumbbells as often as I can which drains me but feels so good too. The Hammer and Chisel schedule is 6 days a week but I’ve been doing it at my own pace and sticking to 4-5 workouts per week (goal is 5). I’m still making progress. I’ll probably finish sometime in early March. Sometimes you just gotta do what works best for you!
- Do Miss G’s gymnastics stretches after every workout. My stepdaughter just recently joined gymnastics and she’s supposed to do stretching every day. Last week while she was here we stretched together every day after my workout and it was so much fun. I could definitely use the flexibility and she seemed to enjoy having a stretching partner. I learned I can still do bridges. That’s pretty sweet.
My financial goal for the year is to pay off as much debt as possible. I’m tracking all debt balances from credit cards to student loans and even our mortgage. I love watching the balances fall and it keeps me motivated.
In the last couple years I’ve learned something about myself. When I’m struggling with depression and/or grief, I tend to spend more money on things we don’t really need and it’s usually on credit. Not a good combo! I guess you could call it emotional spending? Now my focus is digging myself out and I’m working really hard at it because it’s super important to me.
February financial goals:
- No spend month! For me this means I will not spend money on anything that isn’t a necessity. No random crap I find at Target, no Amazon Prime finds and no fast food. This is the shortest month of the year why not make it a no spend?
- Schedule all February bills.
- Color in our debt free charts for total debt paid in January.
- Set up March budget in Every Dollar. I’ve never been good at budgeting but this free app makes it so easy. I’ve been using it for over 5 months now so it’s definitely working okay for me. I highly recommend it.
I’m continuing to use Bluehost for hosting this blog. My renewal is coming up in a couple weeks and I plan on sticking with them again I think. Their customer service has been amazing and I definitely feel like you get the most bang for your buck compared to similar hosting plans. At least in this stage of my blogging.
February blogging goals:
- Continue using CoSchedule to help me plan my editorial calendar and social media posts. This is such an invaluable tool for bloggers. If you haven’t taken advantage of the free trial, you need to!
- Brainstorm blog post ideas for February and March and plug them in to CoSchedule.
- Publish a blog post every Monday. In the past my goals have been to blog like 3 times a week but I rarely end up following through. I’d rather publish one kickass, super helpful post than a few smaller, more “fluffy” ones. I hope to add to this eventually but for now I will be adding one new post every Monday and then I’ll also keep posting my monthly goals on or near the first of the month. Like today. :)
- Write 20 good headlines for future blog posts.
- Add more value to 10 old blog posts. Delete/combine posts as necessary.
- Prepare for the Elite Blog Academy course! Elite Blog Academy is a very thorough blogging course for bloggers who wanna take their blog to the next level. I’ve been thinking about taking this course for well over a year now and I’m finally locked in. I’m going for it! Late last year I was able to get access to the first two modules through a special paid offer but I stopped because she has updated the course for this year and it starts in March! The course is created by Ruth Soukup, author of How to Blog for Profit: Without Selling Your Soul.
From now until February 20th you can sign up for free training from Ruth with her Blogging Made Simple video series. The first video will be sent on February 21st and you must be signed up before then to receive it!
Any time you can get free training from Ruth you should definitely jump on it. She’s so generous with how much information she gives away for free.
I know Elite Blog Academy is going to be a lot of work but I can’t wait to dig in once the brand new course opens up!
In addition to my fitness, financial and blogging goals, I also have some personal goals to work on this month.
- Read one book. This month’s book is going to be Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear. If you’re looking for ideas you can check out my 2017 reading list at the bottom of this post.
- Spend 10-15 minutes every night planning for the next day in my Erin Condren Life Planner (to-do list, appointments, goals, etc.)
- Self-Love Challenge from Skinny Mom. I love this challenge! It’s actually from 2015 but I think it can be done any time. If you wanna try it, you can download it here.
Public Self Love Challenge
Private Self Love Challenge
Time to get busy!
Latest posts by Mindi (see all)
- 6 Things to Remember When You Start a New Workout - March 22, 2017
- Weekly Home Workout Recap #1 - March 20, 2017
- How to Prevent Emotional Triggers From Sending You into Depression - March 15, 2017